Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter Weekend - Day 3 - Part 2

Then onto Scotney Castle great Nation Trust Places, another weird place. 
 The castle was actually a house and the castle was a old castle that became a garden ornament.
Basically the castle was a large home was built during the 100 year war, and was lived for many centuries but it became too expensive to maintain in the 1700 so the owners built the new house on the hill above it and let the castle go to ruin, eventually to became part fo the large garden of the estate with only the gardeners family living in it.
It has a tower to defend it
 But the rest of the castle was ruin.
 The garden was great with lots of spring views
And a lake with a ruined castle in the garden, every gardeners dream.
 The Main House had been lived in until the 1950's 
So it was decorated as if the owners had just left home.
 Again not allowed to take picture inside,

 Although I sneeked another one.

  I  found I was only 20 Minutes’ drive from Cranbrook. This is Where Harry Iggulden was Born and the Iggulden Family Come from. Target was St Dunstan's Church in Cranbrook. I found it – it was closed and Jennifer only gave me 30 Minutes to find what I needed as she wanted to leave before the rain set in.

 I found a Marchant first, Not related :-(
 Then the Dadson Iggulden Family.
 Then as I quickly looked around.
At the great church and graveyard.
 I found a GEM.
James Iggulden
and his Wife Phiadelphia
and daughter Jane.
 They are my 5th Great Gandparents.
That's Harry Iggulden's grandparents.



 I have to come back to this church.

As there are over 40 Ancestors are connected to that church, I plan to go back again. We headed Home and travelled half of it in the Rain. The only Rain of the entire weekend.

No comments: