Friday, February 15, 2008

First Visit to Queen Victoria Market




Queen Victoria Market is the tourist market of Melbourne. But it is not what I was lead to believe. It is still a fully functioning Farmers market. And the stuff that it has is endless. Europe meets asia and otherplace I have never seen. The vegetable and fruits are global in diversity. the meat market is clean ad very fresh and not expensive. the stalls for the cloths again are of good quality and cheap. but I am going to have fun in The Deli Section. Only thing I have to remind myself is not to go there during lunchtime. It is packed by the locals pushing the toruist out of the way. the chesse were just too many to take note of. I asked for mature brie. And the response came back. "from what part of the world honey". the vendor had 46 to choose from.......

No comments: