Saturday, October 08, 2016

Day 4 London - Saturday the 8th - The Morning

I caught the No 1 Bus to Elephant and Castle
Then jumped on the No 12 to Westminster Bridge : 7:30
Walk across Westminster Bridge to see Big Ben 8:00 
 
And the London Eye early in the Morning 
 Once Across the bridge, their was Westminster and the House of Commons.
Big Ben is Majestic (note time is 8:10 in the morning.

Lots of Photo's to show I"M IN LONDON for sure
Then to Westminster
This is one big Building, and it takes a while walk around it.
 And it is very hard to Photograph.
Walking in front of Westminster and the House of Commons
Walked to Victoria Tower Gardens to View the Statues
This one was of Emmeline Pankhurst
The Lead Suffragette

Then on walking up Great College Road and turn right into Deans Yard 


Walk around Deans Yard 


Then to exit
 
and come out into front of Westminster Abby

This still closed when I went past, Jennifer going to love standing here.


So did I.
The Side of Abby is a better view.
Walk across Sanctuary and onto the Common
9:00 am (I recorded some of the Big Bens Chimes) 
Standing on the Common was Unbelievable, it had been 9 months of planning to get here and Jennifer wasn't with me. :-( I'm not doing that again, next time, she comes with me Kicking and screaming if she must.)
Of course I had to get and of Course Churchill  was in the Corner. And yes Churchill head was steaming (they heat it to prevent the pigeon making a mess on it).
Walk up Parliament Street which is where there are a lot of memorials 
I walked until I get to Downing street 
Take photo of remote downing street as it is closed off.

They even had a statue of Montgomery
back along Parliament Street and go  King Charles Street
 The monuments always have wreaths at them.
 I had to take this one, Yes they still have the Red Phone boxes.
Then up the horse guard parade grounds
Waling along Horse Guard Road to the Parade ground at Horse Guard and walked across the Parade ground.
The Building was Great as well with the London Eye behind it.
 The guards were out but not the Horses.
 Only Horses were Police Horses.
 Museum Cost so didn’t go in.
Walked out across parade ground to war Memorial


Walk around the south side of the St James Park Lakes and watched the birds



Waterfowl of all sort were there, I slowed now a bit going along the paths.

But he Views were Great as Bucking Palace came into view



It gradually got closer and I walked through the Australian Gate 
 Straight into Traffic
Queen Victoria Memorial is just as expected, Large and takes center Stage. 
  
 
But the Palace is what I came to see and the so had the crowds.

I had to take some  selfies to show I was here.




and walked around the Queen Victoria Memorial and view Buckingham Palace 9:30 
All ready a Large crown as the Guards change at 11:30 and the tours were already putting people in the best spots. But the Palace Guards are changed every 30 Minutes.


 
Went into Green Park and cut across to a lane the connected to St James Place and the Stafford Hotel. 

Spencer House


 Lancaster House
 Pall Mall


St James Palace
Then up to Piccadilly

End of the Morning






No comments: