Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tuesday 11th Oct - Hoping for a better day and some result :-)

 The Day came up with a fresh Start
 And the View looked Great across the Thames
So I headed to my Favorite street BOW LANE.
Breakfast was Toffee Apple Hot Chocolate and ham and eggs in a pot..
After my Usual Routine at the CB Library
I went Church Hunting Again
This Time St Dunstan in the East
Found it. Or should I say the remains, 
It now a Park in the middle of the City
But the Steeple is still there

I passed under the back of St Pauls on the search off a prized Jewel.
I was on the Hunt for St Giles cripplegate
The Collingwood home chapel in the  1840's


 Found it. so off to the next challenge


St Boloph without Aldergate
Right next to the London Museum. Doh I had walk right past it the other day.
So then the next one. The Challange was on the way Home 
St Bride off Fleet street



 This Beautiful little chapel just a Fleet street was where 
Hannah Collingwood died 1840
Thomas Collingwood Married Rebecca Humperys in 1843

 But today is dedicated to Journalist that have died in Action, I wonder if Herbert Smith Gunn is a relative.
 Poor Light in the catacombs I found this, James Burridge 1825? I wonder 


 On the Way hoem the Thames was as Busy as always
But something special happened
 I found myself being taken down a small street due to road works and I turned the corner and what was in Front of ME. The Horseshow Inn. One of Harry Iggulden's Pub's, it is no longer a cheap Pub but a very nice expensive Restaurant















No comments: