Saturday, October 15, 2016

Saturday 15th October - Hunting for Grandparents


Well today I went to Ilford, to do a few pilgrimage items.
1st was to find my Grandfather, Timothy Harold Taylor.
Barkingside Cemetry is where we have told, he remains.
So Off I went catching the 25 to Ilford. 
The clues I had been given was about 1/3 of the way down should be the ones buried at that time.
So off I went. It took me about 20 Minutes to Find the grave based on dates, and pictures only received recently.
 The graveyard is like many before, overcrowded but it least it was tidy.
 I found it,  there are no marking on the grave but there are 3 buried on that time.
One clearly given a gravestone, One named, One unknown. Timothy was named.  So he was the one in the middle.
 FOUND
So now to find the homes, First, Mum childhood home.
in Highwood Gardens.
Not much has changed in 60 Years.
 Addresses are easy to find, they are labelled.
Next was 130 Springfield Drive. 
But graves not so.
So now it was to mark my Grandmother resting place.
At the London Cemetery, All I had was
(according to my cousin Richard Grigsby) her ashes were spread at the Rose Garden in the cemetery.
 There are 12 Rose Gardens and more being added.
 Somewhere in here, Pearls remains were spread.
So may she rest in peace.


 

No comments: