Saturday, October 22, 2016

Saturday - A Day on the Tube.

Saturday had been in the planning for a week.
First to get tot see the Boleyn Tavern  this is the place the Still Family has a major link too.
This is where Harry raised his Family and so did Emily, has daughter raised hers.
Alonzo was to die here after the war.
So I was out of the hosue before 7:00 in the morning.
 The tube at this hour in the morning is not busy.
So is the tube trains. 
Jubilee Line first to West Ham
Then onto the District Line to Upton Park. 
When I came out of the Station, there were Signs pointing to the Tavern.
 From before 1896 until after 1932. This Tavern was in the Family.
This Tavern is No cheap place. It is a Listed Property and it looked beautiful. The workmanship that had built this tavern and the stone are of high quality. 
I had checked and planned to have breakfast But it was closed tight. No breakfast here.
I had made it, I was here, Harry had built myself up from nothing, and this was his jewel.
Before I left
I found a Market, right next door to the Upton Underground.
Queens market, 
Fruit, Vegetables, Cloth, Appliances, and Meat of all sorts.
Jennifer would have loved this market.
So then it it was cross town again,
Back on the Central line, then the Central and then Victoria Line.

Target was the Tate Britain.
 To track down the Painting by John Constable called the
"Flatford Mill"
 As expected the Detail in the painting was a lot better thent he prints.
 And the Boys could have been the Gunn Boys.
I also learned of two other Paintings that were completed at the same time
The White Horse and the Leaping Horse.
 But the Tate Britain is somewhere to take Jennifer
So off I went,
Victoria Line and Central Lines to
Portabello Road Market
 The road is mostly Antiques
 There is still Plenty of Foods
Like Coloured Carrots
 Organic Vegetables.
 Mushrooms of sorts.
 Assorted Cabbages
Musicans
 Olives of sorts
Breads
Fruits.
Paella for Lunch as usual.
After 3 hours there I decided I had enough.
So Back on the Central Line
and the Jubilee Line
 Imperial War Museum
I was a bit disappointed with this.
But I got to see it.
So that was Saturday.
A chance to master the Tube.
Jumped back on the Jubilee Line and headed home.

























No comments: